TERM 2 WEEK 1 NEWSLETTER
I would like to welcome all of our families back to Holy Rosary School for the start of Term 2. I hope you had a wonderful Easter and the opportunity to spend some quality time with your family. Unfortunately, COVID-19 has arrived in Derby and we have a large number of families affected and quite a few students absent to start the new term.
This term we will be exploring our Healthy Eating Policy and single use plastic initiative. You can find the recommended food list in the Parent Handbook, on the attached sheet and on our school website. There are a multitude of benefits by following our policy and initiative. They are: general health, ability to concentrate, able to perform all day, arrest obesity, dental health, lower risk of diabetes, cost and saving our environment. The attached sheet, also available on our website, explains how we are introducing our initiative with Waste Wise Wednesday and Waste Free Friday. Please support this initiative and if you have any questions, please see me.
Our new garden centre, dedicated to the De La Salle Brothers, is nearly complete. We are in the process of setting up our worm farm, compost tumbler and completing our chook pen. The Year 4 class are our Green Team and they have been broken into 4 groups to run the garden centre. The groups are Chook Champs, Worm Warriors, Garden Gurus and Rubbish Rangers. You are welcome to walk through the garden at the back of the kindergarten/Pre-Primary classrooms.
We had a large amount of general maintenance carried out over the holidays. A new garden and lawn areas were established in the early childhood area.
Our Lady Queen of the Holy Rosary Pray for Us
|Friday 29th April||Assembly 1:40 in Multi-Purpose Room|
· NOT RECOMMENDED FOOD WILL BE SENT HOME
· SINGLE USE PLASTIC AND PACKAGING WILL BE SENT HOME
· START WITH “WASTE WEDNESDAY” AND “WASTE FREE FRIDAY”
· ON WEDNESDAY AND FRIDAY CHECK LUNCHBOXES DURING CRUNCH & SIP AND IF THERE IS NO SINGLE USE PLASTIC, PACKAGING OR NOT RECOMMENDED FOOD IN THEIR LUNCHBOX WRITE THEIR NAME ON A RAFFLE TICKET AND STORE THEM READY FOR PICK UP FRIDAY BY SRC (PUBLIC RELATIONS)
· TEACHER TO SEND HOME THE HRS NOTE HIGHLIGHTING THE NOT RECOMMENDED FOOD IN THE CHILD’S LUNCHBOX.