Assistant Principal (Curriculum, Administration and Religious Education)
Holy Rosary School Derby is a vibrant school of 135 students from 3 year old kindy to Year 6 in the beautiful West Kimberley region, 2 hours north east of Broome. The school is a strong part of the thriving Derby community and reflects the school motto of “United in Christ”, as the parents, parish and staff work in partnership to meet the unique challenges faced by students growing up in regional Western Australia.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an educator seeking to commence or expand their leadership experience. The position attracts generous benefits available for those working in rural and remote areas, and excellent professional networking opportunities and support by the nearby Broome CEWA regional office. Secondment may be considered, subject to approval of the successful applicant’s current principal.
Position commences January, 2021.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the AITSL Lead Teacher Level standards in the domains of Professional Practice, Engagement and Knowledge, with an emphasis on the following:
- Demonstrate an ability to lead initiatives within the school to evaluate and improve knowledge of content and teaching strategies and demonstrate exemplary teaching of subjects using effective, research-based learning and teaching programs;
- Experience in leading and teaching Sacramental programs, preparing liturgies and masses, and excellent knowledge of the RE Curriculum;
- Demonstrate and lead by example the development of inclusive and productive learning environments across the school;
- Ability to lead and evaluate moderation activities that ensure consistent and comparable judgements of student learning to meet SCSA requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to advocate, participate in and lead strategies to support high-quality professional learning opportunities for colleagues that focus on improved student learning;
- Demonstrated ability to initiate, develop and implement relevant policies and processes to support colleagues’ compliance with and understanding of existing and new legislative, administrative, operational and professional responsibilities;
- Demonstrated ability to develop teaching programs that support equitable and ongoing participation of Aboriginal students by engaging in collaborative relationships with community representatives and parents/carers.
• Be an active member of the Catholic Church
• Be a committed Catholic leader who demonstrates active Christian witness to Catholic beliefs
• Have completed or have made progress towards completing Accreditation for Leadership
• Seven years relevant educational experience – advantageous but requirement may be waived for the right applicant
Base salary for AP as of June 2020 : $122 682 (Deed of agreement Assistant Principal Category 2)
End of year bonus : 1st year – $3000, 2nd – $4000, 3rd-5th – $5000
Location allowance full : $251 per fn ($125 for staff with no spouse or children)
Air con allowance : $65 per fn
Electricity allowance as per EBA – Reimbursement of the difference between Perth rates and Derby rates
Rent – 8% of base salary = $378 per fortnight before tax deduction
LSL accrues at double the rate – so 10 weeks in 3 years
Flight to Perth every year, and also added flight for CAPA conference and other PDs
Please apply to : firstname.lastname@example.org, prior to 21st September.